Surgeries are becoming less-invasive and easier to perform thanks to creative ideas and smart engineering.
Any surgeon performing laparoscopic procedures would be amazed by the intuitive controls of the FlexDex instrument platform. Unlike traditional laparoscopy instruments that involve dials, triggers, switches, and knobs, and that are clunky and not at all ergonomic, the FlexDex operates much like how a novice would expect it.
Designed to magnetically retract and maneuver the gallbladder, eliminating the need for a dedicated trocar and shafted instrumentation that may clutter the operative field during a reduced port laparoscopic cholecystectomy procedure.
The Levita Magnetic system can eliminate the necessity of a second incision for some laparoscopic surgeries by injecting a detached instrument through the initial incision and then manipulating it using a magnet outside the body. While it only works with certain instruments and for only a small subset of procedures, an option of eliminating incision is always good.
With several minimally invasive options available, surgeons and patients are more focused than ever on reducing surgical trauma while maximizing cosmetic results.
Levita Magnetics is leading the way in developing magnetic technology that employs the use of a shaftless platform that enables a reduced number of trocars in laparoscopic cholecystectomy procedures.
Reduced postoperative pain, less visible scaring, and shortened recovery time are generally recognized as some of the benefits of MIS procedures compared to conventional surgery.
With increasing surgeon experience, laparoscopic cholecystectomy has undergone many refinements, including reduction in port size and number of ports. These refinements can be associated with technical challenges. As a result, developing novel instrumentation such as the Magnetic Surgical System to mitigate the limitations of conventional laparoscopic instruments is critical.
The Levita™ Magnetic Surgical System is an innovative technological platform that utilizes magnetic retraction designed to grasp and retract the gallbladder in laparoscopic cholecystectomy procedures.
MAGNETIC GRASPER DEVICE
- Design and operation similar to conventional laparoscopic graspers
- Uses existing 10mm or larger trocar
- Delivery/retrieval shaft removed from trocar after delivery and application of detachable tip to the gallbladder
- Magnetic alignment for delivery/retrieval of detachable tip back onto retrieval shaft
- Positioned externally on abdominal wall to magnetically attract detachable grasper tip intra-abdominally
- Maneuvered across abdominal wall to achieve desired retraction position of the gallbladder
- Positioning with standard rail mounted arm
- No fixed pivot point: Movement not constrained by trocar or its location
- Tip deployed by squeezing Magnetic Grasper Device ring handles together
- Detachable design allows for retraction angles and motion that are free from trocar port constraints